The time is now…to have your voice heard.
The Nebraska Corn Growers Association (NeCGA) is working hard every day to put your membership dollars to work for YOU. As the general public grows farther and farther away from their farming roots, the media continues to take stabs at your livelihood, and legislation and regulations are being put into place that affect your bottom line it is important to be involved in the process. NeCGA does just that. We provide you with a voice in the issues that affect your bottom line.
What have we done for you lately?
Best of all, we have done all of this because that is what
CORN FARMERS wanted.
As a true grassroots organization the work we do is lead by our grower members. Each year NeCGA members discuss and set the direction for the association.
- Farm Bill. NeCGA has been working diligently with state and national agriculture groups, and elected officials to develop a Farm Bill. We continue to stress the need for an adequate risk management component and advocate the need for a farm bill to be passed this year.
- Ethanol. With the expiration of the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit (VEETC) NeCGA remains firm in our support for the Renewable Fuels Standard and the opportunities for domestic, renewable fuel production that it provides. In addition we continue to monitor and assist the implementation of E15 and corn starch based ethanol being considered an Advanced Biofuel.
- Livestock. Livestock is the number one customer for Nebraska corn, so their concerns are our concerns. Radical groups like the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) continue to look at ways to rewrite the book on animal agriculture. It is important that we continue to work with our allies to protect Nebraska’s livestock industry.
- State Legislation. Currently NeCGA is engaged in state legislation initiatives that would expand the opportunities for the corn checkoff program, examine potential changes to property taxes, and benefit the livestock industry by improving the future of the UNL Veterinary Diagnostics Laboratory.
- Leadership and Education Opportunities. The NeCGA is committed to providing timely resources to our grower members. To accomplish that goal we host events such as the Tri State Crop Fair, the Fremont Corn Expo and the Washington DC Leadership Trip.
So, as you can see we need YOU! The more members we have, the bigger the impact we can make. We look forward to having you as a member.
Become a member today!
Click here to print the application card and return it along with payment to:
Nebraska Corn Growers Association
1327 H Street Suite 305
Lincoln, NE 68508
1 Year Membership - $80
3 Year Membership - $190
Click here to discover the benefits of membership to NeCGA.